The Daytona Sensors 118001 TC-1 is a flexible turbo control system adaptable to most turbocharged vehicles.
The kit includes the TC-1 unit, USB cable and software on CD
Unlike some competitive products that have plastic housings, flimsy buttons and knobs, fragile wire harnesses and connectors, tiny displays, cryptic menus, and instructions you can’t read,
the TC-1 offers a heavy duty construction, large LCD display, straightforward user interface, and clear instructions.
- Open and closed loop control modes
- Includes programmable duty cycle or boost curves based on RPM, vehicle speed and or time
- Compatible with most boost control solenoid valves: Daytona Sensors 118002 Boost Control Solenoid Valve available separately, not included
- Built-in 4-bar MAP sensor. User selectable units (psi, In-Hg, or kPa) Bright transflective LCD display with backlight is readable in all lighting conditions from total darkness to direct sunlight
- Built-in data logging capability with 16 Mbit DataFLASH memory Rates ranging from 2 samples/sec for 5 hours to 100 samples/sec for 6 minutes Logs boost (MAP), RPM, vehicle speed, throttle position, solenoid duty cycle, battery volts, and two 0-5V analog inputs
- Flexible RPM input compatible with high voltage coil drive (vehicles with coil packs or distributor ignition), standard 12 volt tach signal, or low level logic drive (newer vehicles with coil-on-plug)
- 0-5 Volt analog inputs are compatible with Daytona Sensors single or dual channel WEGO systems for logging wide-band air/fuel ratio data Programmable general purpose input/output can be used for an external scramble switch or to control a water/methanol injection system
- USB interface to PC. Windows software for data logging and advanced setup functions
- Heavy duty industrial grade clamping terminal blocks allow easy and reliable hookup without soldering or crimping
- Rugged aluminum housing and industrial grade rotary encoder knob (for user input)
- Compact size: 4-1/2″L x 3″W x 1″H
PC Link TC Software:
- PC Link TC Software is used to establish controller scale factors, general setup parameters, and boost control parameters
- PC Link software runs under Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7
- PC Link allows the user to program all the parameters and tables within the TC-1 turbo controller
- Minimum PC requirement is a 300 MHz Pentium with super VGA display (SVGA with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution)
- The TC-1 connects to the PC by means of a USB interface / A USB cable is supplied with the unit / The PC must have a free USB port
- Open loop control strategies using up to three separate tables for solenoid duty cycle based on RPM, vehicle speed (VSS), or time
- Closed loop control strategies using up to three separate tables for boost based on RPM, vehicle speed (VSS), or time
- You can edit duty cycle or boost table data by clicking on and dragging individual points on the chart display or you can directly edit numeric data on the spreadsheet grid
- You can download and upload to the module, open and save files to disk, and print setup values including graphs for duty cycle or boost tables
- Includes comprehensive on-line help system
TC Log Software:
- The TC-1 features comprehensive data logging capability. The TC-1 stores the last 180,000 data points at 10 samples/second (default sample rate) or 100 samples/second (if the high speed data logging mode is selected by means of the PC Link TC software). This corresponds to 5 hours of data at 10 samples/second or 30 minutes of data at 100 samples/sec. You can download and display this data on a chart recorder type screen. Data is available for all inputs and output functions. The TC Log software has the same PC requirements as described above for the PC Link software. The software download includes a sample file with actual data.
- Chart display for downloaded data allows you to monitor vehicle operation on the track. You have a range of capabilities for analyzing the displayed data. This feature is especially useful for initially tuning a new turbocharger installation.
You can download data from the module, open and save files to disk, and print chart graphics. Includes comprehensive on-line help system.